Fully Remote Software Engineer
Our client is a leading cryptocurrency staking provider in Europe, securing over $1bn in assets and operating nodes on cutting edge Proof of Stake networks such as Solana, Cosmos, Ethereum, Terra, and Polkadot. They also research, design, and build staking and interoperability solutions to enable a richer multi-chain ecosystem.
To supplement extraordinary growth in 2021, they are seeking a highly-analytical Software Engineer to help collect and analyse network data with the goal to optimize their performance, assist decision making, and to maximize customers’ rewards from participating in decentralized networks. This data-driven role will work closely with platforms and research teams to lead the exploration of cutting-edge problem statements, ensuring they’re providing the most efficient and performant service on the networks supported, without exploiting users of these platforms.
People at this company come from all walks of life; they believe in the importance of carving out more space for diversity in the tech industry, and bring down barriers to entry in the blockchain space to those underrepresented. Aware of the systemic obstacles faced by women, non-binary people, people of colour, and other minorities in the workplace, they are taking active steps to making themselves, and the broader blockchain industry, a safe, inclusive space where all the voices are heard and equally matter.
• Build a data pipeline for the various networks the firm operates on to collect data about node earnings, uptime, and other relevant metrics for internal usage (e.g. optimization, analytics, and accounting reports)
• Solve optimization problems for protocols with the goal to maximize returns for their delegators, e.g. cost modelling and subgraph allocation on The Graph, minimizing gas expenditure, or optimizing pricing for transaction routing on Connext
• Work closely with research and engineering teams to formulate and execute a sustainable MEV strategy
The ideal candidate:
You should be able to combine knowledge of data science with software engineering to build data pipelines that can extract, analyse, and produce actionable outputs from blockchain data. Must be able to map business questions to mathematical models and solve those algorithmically at a production level.
• Can dig into blockchain source code and relevant RPC docs to pull the required data
• Can develop automated data pipelines to obtain and process necessary data from APIs (preferably in the cloud)
• Ability to understand (blockchain) codebases typically in Golang or Rust
• Can map business problems to mathematical models taking into account crypto-economic protocol designs
• Can determine what data is needed and how to get it to accomplish the task
• Can develop algorithms to solve the problems
• Can work closely with the research team to understand crypto economic protocol designs and implementations with the goal to identify data requirements and business opportunities
• Can report on a high level with regards to design, progress and performance of developed algorithms. Can configure/develop visualization dashboards for the analysed data, algorithms and their (financial) performance
• You can take initiative and work independently
• You are able to work in a remote team with different stakeholders. E.g. from working with the business team to determine requirements for data projects to helping the infrastructure team automate processes that make use of the produced algorithms and data
• You have a private interest in cryptocurrencies and are active in the community looking for a full-time role. We are especially interested in individuals with expertise in staking and/or decentralized finance. Bonus points for people that have already experimented with decentralized protocols, e.g. building your own trading bots to arbitrage between DEXes or to trigger protocol liquidations, running your own blockchain nodes, etc.
• If you think that you can fulfil part of these requirements and are looking for a way to develop in the other ones, this is a genuinely challenging role to help you make the jump to the most exciting industry in the world.
• Autonomy, a friendly and supportive work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth
• Competitive fixed salary plus equity, a brand new laptop, a USD 3,000 a year training stipend, and a cryptocurrency starter kit
• All-expense paid quarterly team retreats at nice destinations (Coronavirus permitting). Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA, South Korea, and Dubai
• Fully remote work
• Work on state of the art protocols that lay the foundation for an open, transparent, and programmable financial system.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.