Research Infrastructure Engineer
Highly successful market maker and prop trading house. As an experienced engineer, you’ll support all aspects of infrastructure research, which vary from datacentre design; tuning operating systems, storage, and networks; to writing software which manages efficient distribution of work on the compute cluster. You’ll strive towards building the most performant, reliable and transparent system you can.
You’ll contribute to all components of HPC infrastructure and code, and work on growing one of the biggest private compute clusters anywhere. You’ll write software that runs on a compute cluster that grows continually but currently has ~1PB memory, ~100K CPU cores, 1000’s of compute offload devices, 60+PB of high performance storage, connected by a multi-Tb network. Find yourself in an environment where improvements can usually be made very quickly, and where the results of those changes are both immediately visible and can make a large impact to the quantitative research function at the heart of this business.
Technical Skills and Experience Required
- Strong coding skills, preferably with recent exposure to python and at least one statically typed language.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with computer networks. Design, configuration, monitoring, automation, approaches to loss + congestion control, understanding of underlying hardware, IP/Ethernet and InfiniBand, host tuning. Be prepared back this up by knowing how these technologies work at a fundamental level.
- A desire to solve complex problems optimally from the ground up, not just always reassembling components written by others.
- Using your knowledge from many layers of the technology stack (network/hardware/OS/software) to produce an optimal result.
- A working knowledge of large-scale distributed systems.
- Understanding of one or more machine learning frameworks and compute offload devices, like GPUs, is an advantage.
- Will have previous experience in a similar setting with large-scale-computers.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.