Are you a highly-collaborative Security Analyst capable of enhancing security programs through gathering, analysing, and acting on security incident and event management signals?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Blue Team security specialist to contribute significantly to an elite information security team in NYC. Our client is a tech-driven hedge fund - a small firm, packed with the very highest calibre technologists. This analyst will provide expert guidance on security monitoring, incident response, and cyber threat intelligence. In addition, helping to mature their detection and response efforts using a wide variety of methods and tools. The ideal candidate is hands-on and very technical, passionate about emerging threats, and building appropriate detection use-cases.
- Manage the triage analysis and verification of security threats reported by Splunk
- Perform data analysis, aggregation, and event correlation
- Build and improve custom signatures, searches, alerts, and dashboards in Splunk focused on improving security threat visibility
- Perform incident response and technical analysis for forensic investigations
- Identify and close detection gaps to improve our security posture
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in cyber defence, security operations, and/or incident response
- Demonstrable hands-on experience and knowledge in using Splunk as a SIEM
- Passion for learning about adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) and interest in creating innovative detection techniques
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Technical skills in, or exposure to, a wide variety of threat detection & response tools
- Security Operations Center (SOC) experience is a plus
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.