This client is one of the most disruptive, market-leading trading firms around today. They're looking for a talented Security Architect to join a team of skilled programmers and security experts who are dedicated to keeping the firm safe from threats.
The scope of their work is wide-ranging and touches everything from software engineering and DevOps to risk analysis and security governance issues. Whilst they are the last line of defence, they're certainly not the first - employee education is a top priority to make sure everyone is doing their part to protect the systems and networks. Employees tend to appreciate technical detail more than most, which makes our job easier and more fun.
Security Architects work independently with a range of different internal teams to highlight and manage the resolution of security issues. This is both a technical and people-facing role, and the breadth of the work is wide-ranging. Is is expected for the person in this role to leverage their technical understanding to find potential issues in new and existing solutions. At times you may be able to rely on your technical background to do this, but you should also be comfortable discovering issues by just talking to someone who understands a system, but doesn’t understand what a malicious actor might be capable of doing.
You’ll help identify areas for improvement in the group's training of employees across the firm, and be comfortable delivering it, so it’s important that you’re able to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical folks.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A strong offensive security background; you should be able to sniff out underlying security issues and help teams reach practical and effective solutions
- A strong grasp of what a ‘secure’ solution looks like, and the ability to help with building and implementing one from the ground up
- Equally comfortable breaking down complex problems and processes on a whiteboard, and taking a hands-on approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting
- An excellent communicator, who thrives on talking to people and building relationships
- A strong Linux background—you know your way around a terminal and are confident in your scripting ability
- Comfortable taking accountability and able to document your decision-making rationale
- Proficiency in any programming language is a plus
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.