Our client in London is a global investment management firm with deep expertise in trading, technology and operations. As a technology and data-driven firm, they design and build their own cutting-edge systems, from high-performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With offices in New York, London and Singapore, they emphasise true, global collaboration by aligning technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
We're seeking a subject matter expert in cyber security to work collaborative with internal and external teams, executing a comprehensive security roadmap and mitigating risks in key functions such as network and system security; email security; cloud security; access control & identity management; data security; and vulnerability management.
- Assess the risk of new projects and the impact of adopting new technologies such as open-source software, on-boarding managed services and SaaS solutions, and extending the perimeter of the environment to restricted geographies
- Oversight the implementation of security controls in cloud and on-prem systems
- Evaluate the design of existing security controls, manage residual risks, and oversee remediation plans
- Scope, plan, and analyse vulnerability scans relating to various technologies, systems, appliances, and contexts
- Collaborate with internal technology teams to prioritise mitigation actions based on risks associated with each vulnerability
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum least 5 years’ hands-on experience within a technical role covering a variety of security technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management etc.
- Knowledge of malware, hacking techniques, and security trends
- Thorough understanding of the latest security best-practices, principles, and techniques
- Experience designing security solutions
- Solid understanding of Windows and Linux systems security
- Scripting/coding experience with one or more languages – Python experience a plus
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or STEM related field
- Experience of performing security design reviews and validating the effectiveness of controls
- Technical understanding of AWS Security and other cloud platforms e.g. Azure, GCP
- Knowledge of Secure Coding Practices
- Experience with SIEM systems
- Security and network related certifications i.e. CISSP, CCIE, CCSP, OSCP
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.