Security Operations Lead
Our client is a high-frequency, quantitative trading firm. They're seeking a talented and passionate cyber security engineering to join a new team. In this position, the successful candidate will work closely with networking, help desk, and trading ops teams to design, build, and deploy a brand new detection and response system.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in a technical cyber security role at an organisation with a dedicated security operations function. You’ll be given the opportunity to own and strategically impact this firm's global cybersec systems, from creating and streamlining processes to implementing next-generation monitoring and vulnerability scanning.
- Build, implement, and maintain a vulnerability management system and a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system to help better protect trading operations and IP from both internal and external threats.
- Create and curate security alerts by staying up to date with threat intelligence, indicators of compromise, and known vulnerabilities.
- Detect malicious activity and unauthorised devices on devices and networks.
- Analyze security data for signs of vulnerability and compromise.
- Develop security automation to respond to anomalous events and changes in risk.
- Test the effectiveness of detection and response.
- Respond to internal security incidents and investigate accordingly.
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security, with specific experience in security operations, vulnerability management, and threat detection.
- Experience with designing, building, implementing, and integrating with a new SIEM system from the ground up.
- Highly proficient with and experience in integrating a variety of systems with SIEM products.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with Linux (Debian is a huge plus).
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science.
- PhD or MS in Information Security is a plus, but not required.
To apply for this role, either contact Max at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.