Senior AWS Cloud Platform Engineer
Our client, a London hedge fund with £40bn+ AUM, has developed a state-of-the-art multi-cloud compute and data platform which enables internal teams to take advantage of cloud native capabilities, iterate quickly, and build elastic solutions while ensuring security and resiliency.
You will be responsible for a large multi-account AWS platform that enables many application development teams to host capabilities in AWS. You may be designing, building, and supporting core platform capabilities such as global network connectivity, CI/CD shared infrastructure, or features of a global security and infrastructure orchestration platform. You will also be working with development teams across the firm to help customers build best practice, secure and cost-effective solutions on AWS.
This is a hands-on developer role and you must have experience deploying and supporting your own production ready code in AWS, as well as automating the build and management of a broad range of cloud infrastructure, preferably in Python. You should be familiar with developing unit and functional tests; have experience designing and implementing CI/CD tools with infrastructure as code pipelines; and have knowledge of Linux systems administration, containerization, networking, security, automated configuration and state management, cross system orchestration, configuration management, logging, metrics, monitoring, and alerting.
- Architect, develop and maintain internal cloud platform components, frameworks, and offerings
- Architect, develop and maintain solutions for customers in AWS
- Help customers architect, develop, and maintain their own solutions in AWS
- Implement CI/CD pipelines which include application tests, security tests, and gates
- Implement availability, security, performance monitoring and alerting of cloud solutions
- Automate data resiliency and replication
- Manage multiple environments and promote code between them
- Automate systems configuration and orchestration using tools, such as Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Automate creation of machine images and containers
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experience designing and supporting production cloud environments on AWS
- Experience consulting with customers to develop AWS solutions
- Experience developing collaboratively, preferably in Python through Git
- Systems engineering knowledge, including understanding of Linux, security, and networking
- Experience developing Cloud Infrastructure as Code such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with building, monitoring, and alerting on logs and metrics
- Cloud Networking including connectivity, routing, DNS, VPCs, proxies, and load balancers
- Experience with least privilege Cloud Security including IAM access management and encryption
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Self-starter able to execute independently, on a deadline, and under pressure
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.