Senior Data Engineer
[c. $350-450k Comp Package, Long-Term Flexible Working Options]
Our client, a revered traditional hedge fund with £60bn in AUM, is looking to build a scalable AWS data architecture and infrastructure for its AI/ML projects. They are seeking a senior data engineer with a minimum of five years of relevant expertise in designing and developing high-performance, distributed, cloud-based data engineering frameworks. The ideal candidate will have a passion for big, fast data and associated tools; this includes building efficient and scalable pipeline infrastructures, data ingestion and wrangling, through to reporting, analytics, and AI use-cases.
- 3+ years of recent and relevant industry experience in financial data and transactional trading systems, ideally from the buy-side, with an appreciation of data requirements and challenges in front-to-back office operations
- 5+ years of data engineering in an AWS cloud-based and high-performance environment
- Strong, demonstrable Python coding skills with performance-driven tools and libraries (including ML)
- Experience with big data tools and frameworks
- RDBMS expertise and solid experience in no-SQL databases
- An inherent love for code hygiene and agile/iterative development methods
- A background in C# or JVM languages may be considered provided all other skills are present (i.e., having designed and developed large-scale, data-driven engineering projects using these languages)
This is an exceptional opportunity and, given the calibre of the firm and its employees, should be viewed as a long-term career move for the right individual. It would suit someone who may be feeling a little stifled, frustrated, or underutilised in their current role, not necessarily unhappy, but lacking challenging data engineering projects on the horizon.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.