Senior DevOps Engineer
Our New York City client is searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their hedge fund. Join a dynamic team working within a rapidly evolving project and support environment. The role will be focused on configuration, automation, and optimization of the development process, production platforms as well as new technology research/development and integration into the firm’s evolving technology portfolio.
- Provide US coverage of AWS support and development.
- Participate in further design of scalability, redundancy, and fault-tolerance for the firm’s software environment.
- Build/integrate with monitoring and alert systems to increase internal visibility and automatically respond to incidents in our various environments.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Design, build and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
- Work with the development teams to identify and remove performance bottlenecks, scaling chokepoints, single points of failure, and to optimize the firm’s software and systems.
- Participate in the containerization driven software re-platforming projects from the design, deployment, integration and support perspectives.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, trends, and opportunities to ensure the firm uses the best possible techniques and tools.
- Actively participate in planning meetings and collaborate with the team to identify and implement the best technical solutions for the company.
- Work side by side with the Infrastructure teams to transition legacy administration practices into IaaS wherever possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar area of study.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with RedHat Linux systems, administration, operations, and network interconnectivity.
- Hands-on AWS experience beyond EC2. Certifications highly preferred. Azure/GCP experience also accepted.
- RedHat Ansible expertise. Understanding of roles, custom module and module development. Certifications highly preferred.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes. Rancher or Openshift experience is a plus.
- Development toolchain experience, Jenkins/TeamCity/Git/Make/Maven/Conda/Artifactory.
- Atlassian software administration experience a plus.
- Python proficiency.
- Administrator-level knowledge of VMWare.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.