Senior Network Engineer
Our client is one of the finest, market-leading financial institutions worldwide. To join them in their London office, they seek a talented and experienced network engineer for a mission-critical team which is currently designing and deploying new network topology to support a global trading environment. These updates will form the foundation of a next-gen trading platform, where flexibility and performance are critical for the firm’s continued success.
This network is a key part of their competitive advantage, which gives the team a significant role in the overall firm, handling many millions of messages, shepherding billions of dollars every day. The successful candidate will play a significant role in the next stage of this firm's development.
Technical Skills and Experience Required:
- Recent hands-on experience deploying and maintaining networks for a company where the network is central to its operations.
- Solid automation and administration skills: – Comfortable on a standard UNIX command line – Fluent in one or more scripting languages (Python, bash, etc.).
- Ability to efficiently analyse and deconstruct technical problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Solid foundation in computer science and networking principles.
- In depth understanding of common network protocols, best practices and the ability to apply these skills to design robust and performant networks.
- Low-latency knowledge (MPLS, Multicast, BGP etc).
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.