Senior Security Analyst
Our client is a premier financial sciences company – arguably one of the finest quantitative hedge funds in the world, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurtech, private equity, and venture capital.
The Security Incident Response team (SIR) oversees the detection, investigation, and response to all cybersecurity-related events across the firm. The mission is to protect the company and its assets from all threats. Reporting to the manager of Security Incident Response, you’ll work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with groups across the firm.
- Define, detect, and analyse technical indicators and anomalous events to assess risks and potential threats to the firm including malware and ransomware
- Analyse and query logs and other data feeds to identify malicious or anomalous activity using automated techniques
- Recommend and implement additional data sources to improve security observability
- Develop metrics to uncover impactful findings and deliver clear, data-driven assessments of incident detection and remediation
- Provide functional guidance, recommendations, and direction to security and external partners on technical risk reduction
- Plan and conduct simulated response scenarios and exercises with partners throughout the company
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- BS/BA or equivalent required (technical or quantitative field preferred)
- Extensive professional security domain experience including demonstrated knowledge of leading the design and implementation of SIR programs
- Experience with SIEM products, including log collection, query, and analysis techniques required
- Experience with analytical tools/methodologies required (SQL & GCP experience preferred)
- Strong writing skills including the ability to write comprehensive planning and response documentation
- Forensic investigation and python scripting experience preferred
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.