Senior Software Engineer - Cloud
Our client's Application Services team provides critical processes, services and applications that operate at a global scale, serving highly dynamic content to global markets in multiple languages, handling millions of requests per day, all with industry-leading page performance. The team develops the platforms and systems for core services and applications and provides core libraries, runtimes and onboarding to the platforms and clouds that their systems run on.
They are looking for passionate developers who love to dive into technology and pull it all apart to see how it works, then put it back together again better than it was before.
- Design, implement and test the various applications that comprise our cloud platform
- Continuously refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
- Provide operational support for critical customer-facing systems as well as internal APIs and tools
- Collaboratively design and document next-generation systems.
Apply expert-level knowledge of computer science principles and web development standard methodologies every day to constantly innovate and improve the platform. Seek to automate, instrument, and make data-driven decisions. Strive to enable their business partners and end-customers connect in new ways that help them succeed. You are experienced with CI/CD and development standard methodologies and can mentor new developers. Comfortable in all aspects of agile development methodology and know-how to direct Scrum ceremonies. Capable of developing novel new software libraries and features from scratch with little direction and can design and socialize important software updates across the team.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 5+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Experience with the Elastic stack (Kibana) and monitoring tools like New Relic or Sensu
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and best practices (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Comfortable with Git
- AWS and Kubernetes experience
- Knowledge of backend runtimes such as apache, nginx, and runtime frameworks such as Spring, WSGI
- Experience with multiple data platforms is a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra).
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.