Software Engineer – Risk Development
We’re offering this fantastic opportunity with one of the world’s finest, tech-driven trading firms. This is a collaborative environment where you’d help solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and deliver meaningful results – it’s a place of high expectations and deep curiosity.
You’ll work alongside the Risk Management team, which is responsible for measuring the risk of the firm at all aggregation levels, ensuring there are procedures and operational controls in place which align with regulatory requirements and industry standards. Risk managers utilise the Risk Development team to build and automate the measurement, monitoring, and dissemination of risk to desks and senior management across the firm.
They require a Software Engineer with diverse skills to join the Risk Development team to develop and maintain front-end applications and tools used to administer and govern trading desks’ adherence to risk parameters and limits. While previous experience working the in the trading/finance industry is beneficial, talented software engineering is what they need, not specific industry experience.
- Hands-on development, design, and testing of proprietary applications
- Work on a small team as a self-starter
- Test at the unit, functional, and integration level
- Working on legacy code as well as greenfield development
- Provide on-call support as needed
- Collaborate with various software, IT, and trading support teams
- Code in multiple languages and across multiple platforms
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Professional experience developing front-end frameworks with React, Vue, or Angular
- Practiced in functional programming and building asynchronous and event-based applications
- Can build web components and maintain live component libraries
- Proficient in distributed version control systems
- PostgreSQL, the database and the SQL query language
- Data structures and design/analysis of algorithms
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong attention to detail
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.