We’re offering the opportunity to join a high-performing reliability function, working with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Within this top-flight hedge fund, the SRE team work closely with various teams to define and deliver unique solutions, ultimately ensuring stakeholders can concentrate on their core tasks and trust in the technology. You’ll assist teams in implementing solutions and troubleshooting, serving as a relay between infrastructure teams and users to help transform business needs into actionable technical requests.
This organisation is comprised of a variety of individuals. The Portfolio Managers are in charge of maintaining the firm’s capital; they have varying technical needs and expertise. Core Development teams continuously advance business applications like the trading platform and middle/backend platform. Infrastructure is in charge of all the underlying technical stack, including cloud, systems, networks, and desktop hardware. The Support team handle user requests and production issues across the whole stack.
As an SRE on this team, you’ll work with portfolio managers and development teams to understand their technical needs and offer solutions – bespoke or from the market. You’ll provide tools for these teams, making use of common libraries, and will enhance the CI/CD environment, helping teams integrate with it. You’ll also define, implement and enforce monitoring best practices to integrate with the stack. Along with these responsibilities you will continuously look to improve the platform by exploring new products and conducting proof of concepts when relevant.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Ability to clearly communicate with people of varying technical backgrounds
- Has experience working with a trading platform
- Has experience supporting a complex technological environment with demanding end-users
- Develops and implements technical solutions and processes to improve reliability and efficiency
- Constantly looks to improve the platform, is not satisfied with the status quo
- Is able to manage multiple projects/tasks and re-order priorities on the fly
- Python, Unix, Git essential; Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Networking, Consul, Airflow, Splunk, and ELK desired
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.