Staff Software Engineers
We have a number of opportunities to join one of the highest-performing cryptocurrency exchanges on the planet. Staff Software Engineers will balance the role of an individual contributor while also anchoring new projects, leading technical direction and mentoring other engineers on the team. Will collaborate across the organization, helping engineers think big and take risks while building a culture of diversity, positive energy and blameless truth-seeking
There are openings across a variety of backend teams, including:
Exchange: The Exchange team builds and operates the core systems that process and match orders. The team are constantly working to improve systems to reduce latency and jitter while maximizing throughput.
Backend Platform: Focused on building robust architectural foundations, toolsets and a culture for all of engineering to build high quality, secure, and reliable products.
Users: Builds and operates user services such as identity verification, authentication and authorization. Will be working with OAuth that powers mobile clients and third party developers, monrails that power 2FA authentication logic and their institution identity management service.
Institutional: Builds and operates state of the art execution and storage systems that allow customers to trade and store millions of dollars of cryptocurrency on any given day.
Crypto: The Crypto team builds and maintains the shared infrastructure to make Blockchains and Crypto assets available for products. You’ll work on engineering problems in cryptography, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems, with a focus on enabling Crypto investing and growing the Cryptoeconomy.
- Architect and develop distributed systems
- Provide technical structure to teams and work closely with management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Design and implement foundational infrastructure components used by every engineering team in production (e.g. dynamic configuration, secrets storage, container orchestration, etc)
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together
- Have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from 10 to 100s of engineers)
- Experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.)
- Experience decomposing a large monolith into microservices
- Worked with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Sinatra, Rails, Postgres
- Have built financial, high reliability or security systems
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.