This opportunity is with arguably one of the very finest, highest performing financial organisations on the planet, where only the very best succeed. Our client seeks a Systems Engineer proficient in networking technologies to join its Infrastructure Engineering team. This is a hands-on technical role within a cross-platform engineering team responsible for core technology infrastructure.
The group designs and maintains the firm's operating systems (Linux and Windows), authentication systems, databases, virtualization infrastructure, core network services, and messaging in both internal and external-facing environments. You’ll be tasked with the design, implementation, and integration of infrastructure systems, particularly (but not exclusively) on network devices, protocols, and systems that underpin core infrastructure.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A demonstrated interest in both building technology and helping others use it effectively, along with a desire to improve processes and technology are all prerequisites.
- Familiarity with general systems administration; experience with phone, desk-side, and/or remote user support; knowledge of the Microsoft Windows enterprise environment and standard applications (such as Microsoft Office); and familiarity with a Linux or Solaris environment are requirements.
- Experience with trade-floor support as well as familiarity with Python, PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages are pluses but are not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and superb organizational abilities are critical, as this role involves working with global colleagues across a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences on many different projects.
- In keeping with our firm's culture and the ever-changing nature of our work, we are more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation as demonstrated by an impressive history of achievement than we are in any particular skill or experience.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.