Technical Operations Engineer
Chicago: Join a truly tech-driven, world-class trading firm in a business-critical position. You’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most passionate people you could meet, in a deeply curious and collaborative environment.
You’ll be given the opportunity to shape the direction of a brand-new team which acts as the first-line of defence in monitoring and responding to issues/outages of essential systems globally. You will also enhance the automation efforts of this team, and build new toolsets and processes.
This role is uniquely positioned, as such you will interact with various individuals and teams across all business areas, requiring a solid understanding between systems and who is dependent on them. Perfect for someone with experience and skills with Linux, Python, Network fundamentals, automation, and strong troubleshooting.
You should apply for this role if you:
- Have experience working on a globally deployed team providing around-the-clock monitoring and troubleshooting of proprietary and third party systems.
- Are well versed in coordinating efforts with other global support teams to ensure rapid response and escalation, continuity, and consistent support.
- Are a seasoned technologist with a broad range of knowledge and experience deploying and supporting proprietary trading technologies.
- Have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and the ability to quickly build trust and credibility with a variety of trading, development, infrastructure and operations teams.
- Have experience implementing process automation and monitoring tools using a combination of in-house and third-party technologies.
- Understand the implications of coordinating planned changes in a global technology ecosystem and have first-hand experience successfully working within a formal Change Management program.
- Can build clear, concise documentation for common procedures, troubleshooting scenarios and system architecture.
Technical Skills and Experience Required
- Expert troubleshooting and problem analysis skills, spanning multiple technology stacks and high-performance applications deployed across a global footprint
- Extensive Linux and/or Windows support and engineering experience in a high availability corporate environment; RHEL, Ubuntu or Debian experience is preferred
- Scripting and automation experience, preferably with Python
- Experience working with configuration management tools
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
To apply for this role, either contact Olly at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.