Trading Infrastructure Support Engineer
[c. £75-125k Comp Packages - Dependant on Role Type, On-Site Working]
Join a global investment management firm in their search for (Junior to Mid-Level) Trading Infrastructure Support Engineers. This pivotal team is responsible for ensuring the high availability of custom-built, mission-critical services. As part of this diverse team, you'll contribute to maintaining high-performance trading platforms and large-scale data analysis/compute farms. In this role, you'll provide level 1 and 2 support across globally distributed services in APAC, EMEA, and AMER regions. Ready to make an impact in the world of trading infrastructure?
Opportunities by Location:
- 2 Junior Roles (1-2 years experience) in Montreal, New York or Houston
- 1 Junior Role (1-2 years experience) in Singapore
- 1 Mid-Level Role (3-8 years experience) in New York
- Provide monitoring and support across all services and quickly react to any outages to maintain a highly available environment
- Quickly identify, analyse, and correct alerts to minimise trade flow impact and pre-empt outages
- Intensive interaction with the trading community, external vendors, development and infrastructure teams
- Oversee automated processes, scheduled jobs, and regular reports
- Manage users’ requests: track requests, review approvals, updates, resolution, closure, etc.
- Identify inefficiencies such as repetitive activities, manual processes, and suboptimal tools/workflows to drive continuous improvements via automation and collaboration with internal and external teams
- 2+ years of experience in Linux/Unix administration, including RHEL/CentOS/OEL
- Proficiency in Python and Bash scripting
- Working knowledge of storage and different storage protocols, such as NFS/GPFS
- Experience in infrastructure automation, using tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Familiarity with Kafka or similar messaging buses, and CI/CD tooling
- Experience in database administration, container software administration, and network equipment command line navigation, as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, multicast, tcpdump, PTP, NTP, and monitoring infrastructure with ELK and Prometheus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is required
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.