Trading Infrastructure Support Engineer
Our client, a global investment management firm, is looking to hire a Trading Infrastructure Support Engineer to join a crucial team, responsible for ensuring the high availability of their custom-built, mission-critical services. These include high-performance trading platforms, and large-scale data analysis and compute farms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing level 1 and 2 support across all services globally distributed across APAC, EMEA, and AMER regions.
- Provide monitoring and support across all services and quickly react to any outages to maintain a highly available environment
- Quickly identify, analyse, and correct alerts to minimise trade flow impact and pre-empt outages
- Intensive interaction with trading community, external vendors, development and infrastructure teams
- Oversee automated processes, scheduled jobs, and regular reports
- Manage users’ requests: track requests, review approvals, updates, resolution, closure, etc.
- Identify inefficiencies such as repetitive activities, manual processes, and suboptimal tools/workflows to drive continuous improvements via automation and collaboration with internal and external teams
Technical Experience and Knowledge
- Linux/Unix administration (RHEL/CentOS/OEL)
- Proficiency in Python and Bash scripting
- Working knowledge of storage and different storage protocols (NFS/GPFS)
- Infrastructure automation (Chef, Puppet or Ansible)
- Kafka or similar messaging buses
- CI/CD tooling
- Monitoring infrastructure (ELK and Prometheus)
- Database administration experience (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Container software administration (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, GKE or Helm)
- Working knowledge with TCP/IP, multicast, tcpdump, clocking (PTP, NTP)
- Ability to navigate network equipment command line
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- Knowledge of ITIL is an advantage.
To apply for this role, either contact Paddy at email@example.com, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.