Trading Systems Engineer
Exceptional opportunity in Singapore to join a high-performing systematic trading firm.
As a Trading Systems Engineer, you’ll work closely with internal trading and technology teams and external parties. You will be investigating and resolving a wide variety of technical and business issues every day. Your work will range from addressing time-sensitive critical issues to managing long-term projects, such as new system rollouts and major platform changes. You will provide direct, hands-on support to trading desks on a daily basis and help define their technology requirements for other teams across the firm.
- Providing best-in-class support processes to ensure flawless operation of production trading technologies, flawless software deployment and configuration processes, and proactive monitoring and support to anticipate and avoid issues before they occur
- Ensuring maximum trading system availability to avoid missing any key trading opportunities
- Providing support for various trading groups’ production systems across a variety of asset classes and geographic locations
- Developing proprietary process automation and monitoring tools and leveraging third-party technologies as appropriate
- Providing support for proprietary trading systems deployed across a multi-platform production environment (primarily Linux with a little Windows)
- Troubleshooting trading system production incidents resulting from internal (proprietary software/systems) or external factors (markets, data feeds, telecommunication lines)
- Automating software configuration and rollout procedures to reduce manual configuration errors and strive for flawless change management
- Supporting core market connectivity and correspond with exchanges regarding trade order activity, connectivity, and other related technical support issues
- Working interactively with DBAs, core development teams, back-office systems, QA Engineers, Infrastructure and management teams when deploying production releases and troubleshooting technical issues
Technical Skills and Experience required:
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux (CentOS and/or Ubuntu experience is a plus)
- Previous experience working in the trading industry supporting electronic trading systems
- Superior troubleshooting skills with respect to trading systems and their interaction with the Linux operating system and network communications
- Previous script development experience, preferably with Python or Perl
- Prior experience supporting high performance applications, process monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong documentation and knowledge management skills
- Evidence of ongoing personal and professional growth through learning and applying new skills and knowledge
- Prior experience working with FIX protocol and alternative exchange protocols
- Previous SQL experience, including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance
- Flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule as needs dictate
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organisational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritise
To apply for this role, either contact Olly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.