Ultra-Low Latency Platform Engineer
Our client is a global investment management firm that utilises a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for their clients. As a technology and data-driven firm, they design and build their own cutting-edge systems, from high-performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms.
The Ultra-Low Latency Platform Engineer will provide solutions across the firm’s global server estate. The candidate will be responsible for project delivery, monitoring, automation, security, documentation, and capacity management for low latency infrastructure. This will involve collaborating with our business partners, application owners, clients, vendors, and internal teams (SRE, Network, Application Support and Application Development, Quants, etc.) to deliver end-to-end solutions in a timely manner.
- Deliver systems based on Linux driven by requirements and developed standards to ensure consistency with 300+ servers across 22 sites.
- As a member of a global team, provide a highly available environment employing automation, optimisation, and continual service improvement practices were possible to achieve outstanding service delivery.
- Manage Infrastructure as a Service in direct market access facilities
- Proactively automate common tasks and functions to improve efficiency and support Infrastructure as a Service.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, stakeholders, and management on the development of technology solutions.
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working with Linux in a large complex or niche environment with the following areas of focus: operations, systems engineering, and systems performance
- Server Management and Support: HP, SuperMicro, Dell, and Cisco
- Filesystem Management and Support: EXT4, XFS, NFSv3, NFSv4, and NFSv4.x
- Low latency network interfaces and kernel bypass: Solarflare with onload, Mellanox with VMA
- System tuning and performance troubleshooting
- Experience with configuration management tools i.e. Chef, Terraform, Puppet, and Ansible
- Highly motivated and a keen eye for scripting and automation in Python, Ruby, and Bash
- Working knowledge with TCP, UDP, NTP, PTP
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to tackle troubleshooting the unknown, glitches, and the obscure
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related experience
To apply for this role, either contact Paddy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below and he will receive your application.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.