Vulnerability Management Engineer
Located in either NYC or Dallas, our financial client is looking for a Vulnerability Management Engineer to work within the team that guards the firm against hackers and other cyber threats. Responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving the implementation of cybersecurity controls.
Join the firm’s global VM team to develop, architect and deploy on-premise and cloud solutions for vulnerability management. This role requires you to drive proactive identification of vulnerability detection requirements across the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Development, maintenance, and continual improvement of the vulnerability management platform, processes, and technical assessment support
- Contribute to vulnerability management strategy and automation
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to understand the vulnerability management needs and collectively develop remediation and mitigation strategies
- Perform vulnerability management product POCs as per the defined requirements.
- Work on automated vulnerability scanning using scanners and agents in the public cloud
- Improve the security sensors by looking for opportunities to tune the vulnerability detection controls and coverage effectiveness
- Lead the security projects/tasks assigned by taking ownership of planning, implementation & coordination
- Maintain knowledge and skill set relevant to trends in the industry
- Minimum 3-5 years of security experience, specifically around organizational security and vulnerability management.
- Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure components and cloud vulnerability scanning
- Scripting and/or programming skills (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Java, JS, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Work experience on any major public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Advanced understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Designing Cloud architecture including scanner and agent placement and communication strategies.
- In-depth understanding of any vulnerability scanning tools such as Qualys, Prisma Cloud, Rapid7, AWS Inspector
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.