Vulnerability Management Engineer
Working closely with the CISO of this world-leading investment bank, you'll join the team which secures the firm against hackers and other cyber threats. They are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions; helping develop more secure applications and infrastructure; developing software; measuring cybersecurity risk; and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls.
You will join firm’s global Vulnerability Management Team to develop, architect, and deploy on premise and cloud solutions for vulnerability management. This role requires you to drive proactive identification of vulnerability detection requirements across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will bring cyber security engineering experience, preferably with vulnerability management tools such as Qualys or Nessus; hands-on technical skills on Amazon Web Services, Azure, containers, orchestration tools, and Splunk; and a good understanding of Windows, Linux, macOS, TCP/IP, Network Security and Python.
- Development, maintenance, and continual improvement of the vulnerability management platform, processes, and technical assessment support
- Contribute to vulnerability management strategy and automation
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to understand the vulnerability management needs and collectively develop remediation and mitigation strategies
- Perform vulnerability management product POCs as per the defined requirements
- Work on automated vulnerability scanning using scanners and agents in the public cloud
- Improve the security sensors by looking for opportunities to tune the vulnerability detection controls and overage effectiveness
- Lead the security projects/tasks assigned by taking ownership of planning, implementation, and coordination
- Script in languages such as Python, Java, and Shell Script to build workflows and automation of scan data
- Maintain knowledge and skillset relevant to trends in the industry
Technical Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years of security experience, specifically around organisational security and vulnerability management
- Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure components and cloud vulnerability scanning
- Scripting and/or programming skills (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Java, JS, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Highly motivated self-starter with great attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership and driven to manage tasks to completion
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Work experience on any major public clouds such as AWS and Azure
- Advanced understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Designing Cloud architecture including scanner and agent placement and communication strategies
- In-depth understanding of any vulnerability scanning tools such as Qualys, Prisma Cloud, Rapid7, AWS Inspector
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.