Windows Security Engineer
Our client is seeking someone with a strong Windows background and exposure to modern platform security controls to join their growing team dedicated to securing the Windows estate. Helping to secure the Windows platform through a combination of technical hands-on work, advice and direction for the wider Windows team and development of our team-specific security program. Including everything from investigating emerging threats and new red/blue-team tooling to mitigating vulnerabilities alongside contributing to and developing our IT control framework, policies and playbooks.
In this role you will suggest, design, test, implement and document security controls. Provide guidance, support and a point of escalation to the broader Windows team while collaborating with the Cybersecurity team. Someone with sound judgment with regards to prioritisation of potentially expansive and long-running tasks or remediation efforts, where to focus their efforts on mitigation, and in providing advice and decision making where needed.
- Windows Systems Engineer with experience participating in securing a Windows platform and a track record of remedying complex technical issues.
- Knowledge of areas such as common Windows vulnerabilities and mitigation methods, countermeasures to common TTPs, OS hardening/best practices, log aggregation and querying methods.
- An understanding of approaches for securing privileged access within an Active Directory domain and familiarity with common Cybersecurity frameworks also desired.
- Ideally, hands-on experience with Windows Core Infrastructure (AD, PKI, MSSQL, GPO etc), technologies for securing Windows (Auditing and Monitoring, Disk Encryption, Application Control, Host-based Firewalls etc) and Endpoint Security (AV, EDR, Vulnerability scanning, patch management).
- Experience developing guidelines, standards, and procedures which relate to an organizational IT security policy or comfort writing.
- Powershell is a plus.
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.