Wintel Systems Engineer
Our client provides integrated front-to-back office asset management support services to investment managers and financial institutions worldwide. Their core platform is an industry leader in trading analytics, risk analysis and operational robustness.
We’re offering the opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
You will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who’ll relish the opportunity to join a highly skilled team in a fast-moving environment. The team you’ll join is responsible for maintenance and engineering of the firm’s global Microsoft server and Virtual services estate. They also provide escalation support for other teams within the London and regional offices.
- Ensure performance, recoverability, best practices and regulatory adherence for the WinTel owned servers and services
- VMWare design and administration experience, including a high level or knowledge of: VSphere, ESXI, Horizon, NSX
- Active Directory design and administration
- Infrastructure as Code design and implementation
- Provide direct support for all server applications and hardware including Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange 2016, Office 365, SharePoint 2013, SCOM, SSCM; TCP/IP (DNS, DHCP); miscellaneous third-party tools; and HP servers
- Hardware installation/maintenance
- Setup, installation and documentation of engineered solutions
- Proactive monitoring of environment using various tools
The team operates a shift working pattern providing cover between 7am and 7pm in London. The role involves an element of on-call cover, and will include weekend work and possibly some overseas travel.
Technical Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with the most recent 3 years within Finance
- University Degree (or equivalent)
- ITIL Service Management Foundation
- Virtualisation technologies skills
- Server deployment and management
- PowerShell scripting
- Troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
- Performance monitoring and tuning skills
- Active directory design / administration
- SCCM 2012 / MDT / OSD design and administration
- Exchange 2016 /O365 administration
- Good understanding of control principles: release, change management, etc
- Used to working to best practice methodologies such as ITIL
- C#/MVC web development
- Interaction with MSSQL databases
- AWS automation
Apply for this role
All fields marked with * are required.