Techfellow collects and processes personal information under the principle of legitimate interests, as defined under the GDPR. We have undertaken the relevant assessments to ensure all personal data meets the legitimate interest criteria:
- we only use personal information in a way an individual would reasonably expect
- Clients of Techfellow operate under a commercial agreement where collection and processing of personal information for the data subjects is required, therefore it is not possible to provide the services to our Clients without holding the information
- it is not possible to respond to requests from an individual or client without holding the information
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take appropriate steps to enter into a contract.
We also hold client information of non-clients for marketing purposes, any marketing is carried out within the guidelines. We do not, and never have undertaken, mass mailshot activity using email marketing packages, or sent generic email communications. All email communications are specific and only for the purposes an individual would reasonably expect.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- Curriculum Vitae information and data
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
- to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
- to enable you to submit your Curriculum Vitae, apply online for jobs, or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
- to market our 360 degree range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract, and recruitment process outsourcing services);
- to enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies’ websites when you log on, to improve your personal online experience);
- to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you;
- to answer your questions and enquiries;
- to obtain from third parties, where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client have requested, such references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, to verify the details you have provided;
- to provide to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners;
- to provide to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings;
- to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy;
- internal record keeping.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.